You are the HR Director for a privately owned pharmaceutical company
that has been in business for over 10 years, with 450 employees across 4
states as well as 2 international locations. You have obtained approval from
the CEO to implement an HRIS. The manual processes have become a time
constraint for the department as well as the organization. Employees are
complaining about information not accessible in real time. Managers have
expressed a desire to automate some processes such as performance
management, training and development, benefits, vacation tracking etc.
The HR department will need to conduct research and identify which
software would work best to meet not only the current needs of the
organization, but more importantly support their projected growth in the
next 5-10 years.
The HR Director has been tasked with implementing the HRIS to be
completely functional within 9-12 months.
TASK 1-4 HAS BEEN COMPLETED. YOU WILL NEED TO ADD TO THE SLIDES THAT HAVE BEEN UPLOADED.
CONTINUE WITH QUESTIONS 5-11.
**TASKS 1-4 ALREADY COMPLETED**
1. Conduct research following the steps identified in the textbook
2. Select your software (either custom or currently available in the
market out of the box)
3. Working with the System Development Life Cycle (SLDC) List the
steps you will need to ensure the implementation is successful
4. Identify what needs to be purchased in terms of hardware if
START WITH THESE QUESTIONS
5. How will data be collected
6. What historical data will be input into the system (personnel data,
performance, certifications, benefits etc.?)
7. How will the training process take place?
8. What order will the staff receive training?
9. Who will be taking ownership at each site?
10. Ensure the new HRIS system addresses the various processes
the company is looking to improve.
11. Identify and define a timeline of how each process will
be rolled out?
Group assignment instructions
A. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation
B. Should have between 15 slides
C. Should include the process you took to identify the best platform
for the organization’s current and future needs
D. Why did you choose this over its competitors
E. How will you achieve the desired outcome within the 9–12-
F. Need a reference page at the end citing your sources
THE BOOK WE CURRENTLY ARE USING
• Title: Human Resource Information Systems
• Authors: Michael J. Kavanagh, Richard D. Johnson
• Copyright Year: 2018
• Edition: 4
• Publisher: Sage Publishing